With winter on the way, this soup is a great way to boost your immune system and get ready for winter. The turmeric, chicken bones, fresh herbs, ginger and garlic all have amazing anti-inflammatory and flu fighting properties. The addition of a tablespoon of Love My Earth Organic Tandoori Masala Curry Mix
will give it an extra flavour punch and a hit of chilli if you like it hot.
- 10 cloves garlic, smashed (approx 1 whole bulb)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated turmeric or 1/4 teaspoon of organic turmeric powder
- 1 bunch of shallots
- 1 litre (35 1/4 fl oz) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 litre (35 1/4 fl oz) water
- 500 g (17 1/2 oz) organic chicken drumsticks
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Dash of apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons gluten free tamari soy sauce
- *Optional: 1 tablespoon Love My Earth Organic Tandoori Masala Curry Mix
- Combine the garlic, turmeric, ginger, stock, parsley water and chicken into a large pot.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or longer (if you can over a low heat) until chicken is cooked through and flavours have infused into the stock.
- The chicken meat should start to pull away from bone.
- Add ACV, tamari and coriander just before serving.
- Serve in large bowls and sip slowly. Enjoy.
Use chopped thighs instead of drumsticks if short for time.
Add more veggies like grated carrot, broccoli.
Vegetarians can use vegetable stock in place of chicken stock.
Pull all the meat off the bones.
Make a double batch and freeze.