This recipe was shared by the gorgeous @sarahsspoonful using our organic dahl!
Dahl is one of my all-time favourite meals, and I almost always have a few takeaway containers of leftover dahl in my freezer for quick dinners. I like to make a big batch and then freeze everything I don’t eat, because it’s a great source of vegan protein and fibre, so cheap to make and super versatile.
This bowl was even easier to make than normal with the Love My Earth's Dahl kit.
- 1 Packet of Indian Masala Organic Dahl Mix or Bombay Tomato Organic Dahl Mix
- 1 onion
- 1 zucchini
- Tin of tomatoes
- 2 cups Organic Basmati Rice
- Coconut milk
To make the Dahl
- Heat oil in saucepan, add dahl mix and fry until fragrant
- Add zucchini, onion and tomatoes
- Add 4 cups of boiling water
- Cook for 30 mins on a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally
To make Coconut Rice
- Place rice in a saucepan with 1 1/2 cups of water, coconut milk and salt.
- Once it's brought to the boil, reduce the heat to the lowest setting and cover the pot with the lid.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it stand covered for 10 minutes.
This is the perfect healthy meal to make in bulk and freeze! Serve with chopped avocado and coriander and enjoy.
Thank you Sarah for sharing your creation! You can check out more of her recipes at sarahsspoonful.com