Spice up your meal with these delicious gluten free onion bhajis. With only 4 easy ingredients, they are a great afternoon snack to enjoy or the perfect entree. The citrus and the tandoori give them a great flavour boost.
- ¾ cup of chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon of Love My Earth Tandoori Organic Curry Mix
- A pinch of salt
- Juice of ½ a lemon or lime
- 2 large white onions (finely chopped or spiralled)
- Coconut oil for frying
- ½ cup of water
- Chop or spiralise your onions.
- In another bowl, add the chickpea flour, Love My Earth Tandoori Organic Curry Mix and the salt. Mix together.
- Whisk in the lemon juice and water to create a batter. You don’t want your batter to be too runny.
- Once whisked into a batter, add the onions to the batter and mix together well coating all the onion.
- In a medium heat wok, add approx 2.5cm deep of coconut oil to create a pool to fry the onions in.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully drop a tablespoon of the mixture into the oil. You should hear a sizzle when you drop the mixture to know that the oil is hot enough.
- Add a few more tablespoons of the mixture to be cooking 3-4 bhajis at a time.
- Cook about a minute each side until golden. Once ready, place onto a paper towel.
- Serve with yoghurt or a mango chutney.
If the batter is too runny, add a bit more chickpea flour.
If the oil isn’t hot enough, the bhajis may sink - so make sure the oil is hot.