Mac and cheese is a favourite dish for young and old, but it can get a little tired after a while. Spice it up with our organic, gluten-free Kerala curry mix for a delicious Indian twist.
1 cup macaroni
1 cup fresh cream or coconut cream
1 cup grated mozzarella
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon grated parmesan
1 tablespoon bread crumbs
1. Boil pasta for 6 minutes with salt and olive oil until al dente. Strain under cold water and keep aside. Keep one cup of strained pasta water
2. In a pan, heat butter and add in the fresh cream
3. Let the cream boil for a few
seconds, add in cheese, salt, Kerala Curry powder and stir until well blended
4. If the sauce is too thick, add the reserved water
5. Add the pasta, mix well, let it simmer for 30 seconds and take it off the flame
6. Spread onto a baking pan, sprinkle bread crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes at 200 degrees or until the top has a nice golden colour
Serve with garlic bread or with a salad.
Add 1 cup of your favourite greens for your vegetable intake and colour.
Make this vegan by replacing the cream with coconut cream, butter with olive oil & cheese with nutritional yeast.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
High in fibre and a wonderful source of plant-based protein as well as folate and potassium, this meal will support your digestive system and fuel beneficial gut bacteria.
You will feel satisfied and nourished after tucking into this recipe!