I wanted to make a baked fish pie using the beautiful fish our friends have given us and stock it with loads of vegetables from the vegetable garden we are looking after. I made a creamy version of this pie a lot when I lived in New Zealand but this time it will have a coconut curry sauce to make it a healthier option.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Boil the potatoes and sweet potatoes until soft and mash with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, set aside
3. Fry the onion in the remaining coconut oil
4. Add Organic Shahi Korma Curry Powder and fry until fragrant
5. Add the 2 cups of mixed vegetables and coat well
6. Pour in a tin of coconut cream and bring to a simmer
7. Add the fish and continue to simmer until fish is cooked
8. Pour fish and vegetable mix into a greased baking tray
9. Spread mash over the pie and sprinkle some spice over the top
10. Place in the oven
11. Roast until top begins to go golden and bubbling
12. Serve with lemon wedges
Comments will be approved before showing up.
High in fibre and a wonderful source of plant-based protein as well as folate and potassium, this meal will support your digestive system and fuel beneficial gut bacteria.
You will feel satisfied and nourished after tucking into this recipe!