Winter calls for hearty meals, rich flavours and comfort food. This Bombay Lamb Shank recipe ticks all the boxes. In just a few quick steps you can pop this on in the morning before work and allow the flavours to infuse throughout the day.
1. Heat olive oil in a large fry pan and brown lamb shanks.
2. Add Dahl Mix and fry until fragrant.
3. Brown lamb shanks and transfer into slow cooker.
4. Transfer everything in the fry pan into the slow cooker.
5. Then add the boiling water and tomato passata to the slow cooker.
6. Cook on a low heat setting all day.
Serve with: Yoghurt and Fresh Herbs, Basmati Rice, Quinoa, Roast Vegetables, Zucchini Pasta, Flat Bread or Roasted Cauliflower.
Swap out the lamb shanks for lamb chops.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
High in fibre and a wonderful source of plant-based protein as well as folate and potassium, this meal will support your digestive system and fuel beneficial gut bacteria.
You will feel satisfied and nourished after tucking into this recipe!