The Swedish version of baked potatoes is a favourite in our
house. I love to add a curry twist and serve alongside a
cheese curry fondue for something really different.
6 to 7 small sized russet potatoes
3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoon Organic Love My Earth Kerala Curry Powder
2 teaspoons black pepper powder
2 teaspoon of garlic paste
1 tablespoon of butter, softened
1 cup of heavy cream
1 cup of grated cheese of your choice
1 teaspoon chopped green chillies
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 220˚C (425˚F)
2. Slice through each potato about ¾ of the way through, at 3 to 4mm intervals
3. In a baking tray, drizzle potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle over 1 tbps curry powder, pepper and some salt
4. Bake for 40 minutes until crispy
5. While the potatoes are baking, in a non-stick pan melt the butter, add in the garlic and sauté
6. Add remaining curry powder and cook for 2-3 seconds
7. Add green chillies and cream, then mix well
8. Add in the grated cheese and salt, mix well until cheese is melted and there are no lumps
9. Simmer for 7 - 8 minutes until mixture thickens
10. Remove from heat, add fresh coriander and stir
11. Serve it hot with the Hasselback potatoes immediately
Comments will be approved before showing up.
High in fibre and a wonderful source of plant-based protein as well as folate and potassium, this meal will support your digestive system and fuel beneficial gut bacteria.
You will feel satisfied and nourished after tucking into this recipe!