This recipe is a simple and delicious one to make to add some extra flavour to any meal. The sweetness and spiciness balance each other beautifully making every meal that little bit more exciting.
- 100mL sunflower oil
- 500g onions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of Organic Kerala Curry Mix
- 1kg long red chillies thinly sliced
- 500mL white wine vinegar
- 750g caster sugar
- 500mL water
- Pour the sunflower oil into a shallow, wide pan over medium heat.
- Saute the onions for around 15 minutes.
- Stir in the Kerala Curry Mix and chillies. Reduce the heat to low and cook for another 15 minutes, stirring regularly to prevent the mixture sticking.
- Add and stir the vinegar and water well. Then cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar while stirring to dissolve. Then cook for 30-40 minutes or until setting point is reached. Continue stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Sterilise and prepare your jars.
- When your chilli jam has reached setting point, turn off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Fill the jars with the jam and remove any air bubbles by tapping each jar on the work surface and sliding a butter knife around the inside to release any hidden air pockets.
- Wipe the rims clean with a cloth and seal.
- Enjoy! Store your jam for up to 12 months in a cool, dark place.