Curry is not just for Indian recipes. This twist on the old favourite chilli beans recipe is a great way to enhance your next Mexican meal with Love My Earth's organic spices.
- 500g of organic beef mince
- 250g of chopped eggplants
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of Vindaloo or Tandoori spice mix or any of our curry mixes
- 1 chopped juicy red tomato
- 1/4 cup of tomato puree
- 4 Kale leaves
- Oil for cooking
- Plain yoghurt
- Salt as per your own taste and
- Add fresh chilli if you like it hot!
1. Fry onion in a hot pan or wok with oil
2. Add Vindaloo or Tandoori and fry until fragrant
3. Add the meat and brown, coating in oil and spices
4. Add all the eggplant to the pan and toss well
5. Add a little splash of water or more oil if needed
6. Add the chopped tomato and tomato puree and mix through, cook for another 5 minutes
7. In another pan gently cook the kale whole and set aside
8. Serve the curry with a side of kale and yoghurt
You can replace the meat with chickpeas and the yoghurt with hummus to make this recipe vegan and vegetarian.